Most business owners know the importance of having the right systems and technologies in place when it comes to their industry. Yet, even understanding all of the high-tech capabilities of their own industry, most business owners fail to implement all of the security technologies possible that will help protect and elevate their business.
Business security systems do much more than protect your business from burglary; they help manage systems, improve productivity, and protect your employees, customers, and assets.
Security products are not only a last line of defense – they should be your first.
Consider these important facts:
- A burglary occurs in the US every 15 seconds.
- Nearly as many burglaries happen in daylight as after dark.
- Shoplifting accounts for 1/3 of inventory loss.
- Employee theft accounts for more loss than robbery, burglary, and shoplifting combined.
- Nearly every business could improve productivity in a way that significantly improves profitability.
Why Security Products Matter
Protecting your business from things like fire and theft are undeniably important. But today’s business security alarm technologies can allow you to do more- much more. Today’s systems can allow you to monitor transactions, track the movement of people or products, control access, manage utilities, control temperature, as well as protect from things like theft or fire. Together, these systems can protect your assets and be used to improve and manage workflow and productivity, as well as gain valuable information about linger times and other customer habits.
Business Security Systems Should Leverage a Wide Range of Technologies
Security products are high-tech, affordable, and most importantly—and indispensable tool in the success of your business. However, they can also be confusing. What do you really, need? A security professional like the team at ALL Electric can evaluate your facility and make recommendations.
Here are some of the security product options and technologies every business should consider:
- Fire/smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and alarms
- Tools that restrict access to important areas, such as offices or supply rooms
- Intrusion alarms
- Electronic locks
- Door sensors
- Access control/restrict visitor access
- Siren alarms
- Video surveillance systems
- Motion detection
- Breaking glass detection
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Remote access and control of the security system
- Ability to view video surveillance remotely and over internet-connected devices such as smartphones
- Outdoor cameras
- 24/7 Monitoring
About ALL Electric
Serving Central & South Maine, we pride ourselves in providing residential and commercial electrical services, telecommunications, home automation, and security systems. Our staff of knowledgeable and dedicated professionals has been providing outstanding, personalized services to our customers and community.
If you have any questions about how to use business security systems to protect and improve your business, contact ALL Electric today. We are happy to help and want to see your business gain as much advantage as possible.